ABOUT THE TOWN'S HALF EVENT
Claim your spot amongst thousands of runners for the 2016 Town's Half and 24Life 5K while the price is still low (limited spots are available are each tiered price).
Our carefully crafted course shows off the best The Town has to offer and takes you around beautiful Lake Merritt. Then, it's party time!
We're excited to partner with 24 Hour Fitness to introduce a new 5K course to our Town's Half Marathon event. Invite friends and family to experience this fun 24Life™ 5K event.
NEW: First-Class VIP Race Experience!
We're rolling out the Red Carpet with a New First-Class VIP Race Experience! Registration is open but only available to the first 150 people. This read carpet experience includes:
- Race Day Packet Pickup if you plan to arrive on race morning ready to run
- VIP Hassle-Free Parking close to the Expo for both for the expo and race day
- Unlimited VIP Lounge access on race day
- Pre-race Energizing Breakfast Items served in the Lounge
- Private Gear Check with Pick-up inside the VIP Lounge
- Post-race refueling food and drink (an assortment of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages will be available)
- Dedicated VIP entrance to the post-race Beer Garden, if you want to venture out of the VIP Lounge
- Private VIP restrooms and sinks!
- Private post-race massage
- A special Finisher’s item – delivered with your packet
- Sponsored Lunch provided
Ready for your red carpet race experience? Click here!.
Already registered? You can upgrade your current registration to the First Class VIP Race here and select the upgrade option.
Note: if you are enrolled in a tour pass, you will need to purchase each upgrade sepeately.
Friday, August 12th, 2016
RunOak Expo & Packet Pickup - Frank H. Ogawa plaza - 1:00pm-7:00pm
More info on the Run the Town RunOak Expo & Packet Pickup here »
Saturday, August 13th, 2016
Start & Finish Location - 1 Frank H Ogawa Plaza, Oakland, CA 94612
Half Marathon Start - 7:00am
Festival Begins - 8:00am
- Cancellations – Entries are Non Refundable and Non Transferable from Person to Person
- Please be aware that ALL entries are non transferable and non refundable. Entries are good only for the year they are intended.
- Entries cannot be deferred from one year to the next and are non-transferable from person to person. This applies whether or not you may be injured, have moved, or any other reason. We cannot make any exceptions to this policy. Thank you for your understanding.
- If you cannot participate after you have registered, you may still pick up your shirt at the Expo on Friday, August 12, 2016.
- No medal or shirt will be mailed. No exception.
- Transfer Requests From One Distance to Another: Transfer requests can be accommodated only as long as there are openings available in the distance you wish to be transferred. Transfers are NOT guaranteed. There is no fee if you decide to decrease your distance. Simply email email@example.com and we will be happy to make the change for you (if spots are still available). There will be a fee to increase your distance (from 5K to Half Marathon). Please login to your Imathlete account and select the “Switch Classes” option.
- Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate, you may not give or sell your race number to anyone else, and you may not transfer your entry fee to future races.
- If you attempt to sell your race number, you may not be able to participant in future events.
- You must be in good health.
- You must show photo ID to receive your race number and timing chip.
- You must pick up your own race packet and race number at the RunOAK Expo. If you cannot attend the expo, you MUST purchase the raceday packet pick up option in Imathlete.
- Race numbers are required to participate.
- Medals and/or shirts will not be mailed out. No exception
- You must be at least 12 years old to participate in the Half Marathon. If accompanied by a parent or guardian, any age can participate in the 5K.
- No bikes, in-line skates, skateboards, baby joggers or dogs will be allowed on the course.
Course Time Limits
To ensure that roads reopen to vehicular traffic at the scheduled times, the course time limits will be strictly enforced. Participants must maintain a pace of 14:00 min / per mile to finish the 13.1 miles in under 3 hours (Finish by 10:00am). A cut-off location will be enforced on the course; runners or walkers who do not reach the cut-off location by this time will be stopped and shuttled to the finish line area.
Our Medical Team is a dedicated group of multidisciplinary medical professionals, available to help assess your race day medical needs and administer acute first aid when necessary.
Numerous medical stations will be located at the Finish as well as at the start and along the course.
Gear check will be available near the start line for your pre-race/post-race clothing. While you run, it’ll be held securely while you experience the best of Oakland. When you finish, simply return to the same location to claim your belongings.
Please note: DO NOT leave valuables, cash or jewelry in your gear bag. The event is not responsible for any lost items. Gear bags must be claimed before close of the Finish Line Festival on race day.
Once you cross the finish line, you’ll enter a secure participant only area. In the Runner Zone, you’ll rehydrate, refuel as well as be awarded your well deserved finisher’s medal. Be sure to grab all your goodies, because once you exit this area, you can’t re-enter. Besides, there’s a party going on and its time to celebrate.
COURSE & VENUE
You’ve crossed the finish line on the steps of City Hall in Frank Ogawa Plaza and met with local volunteers placing a massive, finisher’s medal around your neck. As you are catching your breath, you’re awarded with a commemorative mason jar and escorted to celebrate your accomplishment.
At the RunOak Festival, we’ve assembled a local collection of live music, food, beer & wine to reflect the romance and culture of Oakland. Grab a healthy snack from KIND and a banana and berry parfait from Whole Foods Market.
The festival celebration is open to the public. Everyone is welcome to cheer on the runners, experience Oakland hospitality and celebrate everything The Town has to offer.
- Carefully crafted course showcasing the the best of Oakland - Jack London Square,
Uptown, Downtown, Piedmont Ave, Claremont, Lake Merritt and Grand Ave.
- Commemorative Mason Jar Tasting Glass
- Gender-Specific Technical Shirt (one you’ll actually wear)
- Awesome Finisher’s Medal (we’re talking serious hardware)
- Free Admission to the post-race Whole Foods Market Finish Line Festival and concert
on the steps of City Hall (the reason we all run, right?)
- A delicious banana & berry parfait from Whole Foods Market
JOIN THE CLUB!
The Town's Half Legacy Club recognizes participants who demonstrate their commitment to lifelong activity by completing the half marathon in at least three consecutive Town's Half Marathons! Qualified club members will receive special recognition for every year their personal streak is kept alive! #townshalf #OAKLegacyMember
SHOW YOUR COMMITMENT
Town's Legacy Runners will receive:
– Special Online Recognition
– Legacy Club logo on Race Bib
– Additional Legacy Bib to proudly wear on the back of their shirt.
– Special Discounts and promotional offers
Once you achieve Legacy Club status, you must continue running the Town's Half to maintain legacy status. A minimum of 3 consecutive years is required to maintain membership. 5k Distance does not apply.
NOTE: Eligible members should have the Legacy Club logo on their race bibs and must bib up their Legacy Bib at the Active Lifestyle Expo. Legacy Bibs will not be mailed.
PERKS OF TRAINING WITH THE CLUB
There is no separate registration or sign up required. We keep track of your finishes. Runners who qualify will have automatic membership upon completion of their third consecutive event.
Anyone can become a member of the Legacy Club! Just complete three consecutive Town's Half marathons.To keep your Legacy Club status, continue to finish half marathon every year.
2016 Legacy Club inlcudes all Finihers of:
– the 2014 Town's Half (Half Marathon distance only)
– the 2015 Town's Half (Half Marathon distance only)
– the 2016 Town's Half (you must be registered for the Half Marathon for your status to be confirmed)
Parking is available on-site in the free lot, which is located behind the building, on Madison Street. Madison is a one-way street, running in the opposite direction as Lakeside.
Other lots are also available on Madison Street, which are not free. Some on-street parking is also available. There are two lots on Madison within a couple of blocks of the center. If you desire to look for on-street parking, continue on Madison, turning left at 14th, and left again on Lakeside. BART is also an option, the 19th St., 12th St or Lake Merritt Station.
For additional questions, please email us: notices (at) projectsport.com
Whether you're notching your first 13.1 miles at The Town’s Half or looking to notch a personal best on 8/13, Marathon Matt's Run Club will have you ready
Run Club Training for The Town's Half in SF or East Bay (Sat, 5/21-Sat, 8/13)
Run Club launches in San Francisco on Sat, 5/21 @ A Runner's Mind (3575 Sacramento Street)
Part-time participation is $120 and includes access to TWO workouts/week to choose from...
-Tues. maintenance runs @ 6:30PM in Golden Gate Park or Downtown
-Thurs. night speedwork @ 6:30PM in the Marina OR bootcamp @ 6:30PM Downtown
-Sat. long runs @ 9:30AM at A Runner's Mind (3575 Sacramento St)
-Sun. trail runs @ 9:30AM at A Runner's Mind (3575 Sacramento St)
PURCHASE YOUR TRAINING PLAN HERE.
Run Club launches in the East Bay (Lafayette) on Sat, 5/21 @ A Runner's Mind and includes TWO workouts/week...
-Thurs. night speedwork @ 6:30PM in the OR bootcamp @ 6:30PM (at A Runner's Mind)
-Sat. long runs @ 9:30AM at A Runner's Mind
Run Club Participation in the East Bay is $120.
PURCHASE YOUR TRAINING PLAN HERE.
Both programs include a technical training shirt, a $20 store credit at A Runner's Mind (towards the purchase of $80 or more), a twice weekly email newsletter supporting your training, a private Facebook group for interacting with your coaches/teammates, social events, clinics/seminars, a VIP discount on The Town's Half Marathon, and much more!
QUESTIONS/CONCERNS? EMAIL INFO@SANFRANCISCORUNNINGCLUB.COM
Additional Run Club perks include...
- $20 Gift Card to A Runner’s Mind
- A Technical Training Shirt
- 20% Off All Sasquatch Racing Events
- Discounts with PSOAS Massage/Bodywork
- A Comprehensive Training Schedule with Multiple Training Levels (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced)
- Two Weekly eNewsletters Supporting Your Training
- Access to a Private Facebook Group Page to Connect with Your Teammates
- Social Events
- Much More!
Full time registration is $150 and gets you access to 3 or more workouts/week.
Part time registration is $120 and gets you access to 2 workouts/week (you can choose different workouts every week if desired)
Single workout options (Saturday long runs, Sunday trail runs, etc) are $75-$100.
Marathon Matt’s Pace Rockers will be leading you to the finish and provide a killer soundtrack every step of the way! Pacers will be designated to 1:45, 2:00, 2:15, 2:30, 2:45, and 3:00 finishing times.
Each Pacer will have their own “Boombot” to pump you up while you throw it down…